What is the best time to visit Andaman and Nicobar? Do you know? Well, first let’s explore these islands in detail.
Prominent for blue seas, pristine waters, Virgin Islands, colonial past, Andaman and Nicobar is a picturesque and shimmering beaches, Andaman and Nicobar is the land full of turquoise water lagoons accompanying a bit of history.
The bewitching island is similar to paradise nestled almost at a 1400 km distance from the Eastern Coast of India. It is a captivating Union Territory that comprises of almost 572 mesmerizing islands. Out of 572 islands, 37 islands are inhabited and rest can be explored by the visitors.
The mesmerizing capital of Andaman, Port Blair is a bewitching enclave of islands. These islands are well connected with several islands. Some of the prominent and extravagant beaches of Andaman are Havelock as well as Neil Islands. These islands are famous islands where maximum tourists visit. Moreover, these bewitching islands have pearly white sands, palm-lined shores. These also give an opportunity to perform the best snorkeling and diving options.
When we consider the best time to visit Andaman and Nicobar, it is surely a year-round travel destination. The good news for travelers and explorers is that it receives minimum fluctuations due to the weather. Moreover, the Andaman temperature is always normal that makes the climate pleasant. However, monsoon season can be a little harsh and at the same time challenging time. As recommended, the monsoons are pretty dangerous as the waves are very unpredictable. Nevertheless, it is the best place to visit for the best “me-time.”
Best Places to visit in Andaman and Nicobar:
Being a hypnotizing archipelago of almost 572 islands, there are numerous places to visit in Andaman and Nicobar like Havelock Island, Neil Island, Baratang Island, Port Blair, Jolly Buoy Island and many more places. Moreover, a tourist can enjoy lots of things as these beaches offer beautiful sunsets, various species of birds, migratory birds that will surely soothe the eyes as well as mind.
This extravagant archipelago has lots of in store for a traveler. From bewitching sight scenes to mesmerizing flora and fauna to rich marine life, everything is available here. So, let us explore the unique places to visit in Andaman and Nicobar Island:
- Havelock Island: Known as an idyllic place for adventure lovers, Havelock Island is sure shot the beguiling place to dance and enjoy with the waters. The beach is must visit as it possesses sun-bleached sand along with pristine waters. Havelock Island is a coastal paradise that promises unprecedented luxury that has an unparalleled dollop of the adrenaline.
- Neil Island: Just like Havelock, Neil Island is one of the best places to visit in Andaman. Nestled about 40 km towards the Southern areas, Neil Island is surrounded by dense forests, lovely white sand beaches. It is one of the best places to experience exotic activities like snorkeling, scuba diving, surfing, and lots more.
- Radhanagar Beach: If you wish to visit paradise, Radhanagar Beach is one of the best beaches to visit. Situated on the outskirts of the Havelock southern coastal regions, this beach has exotic aquatic life, and moreover, it is the 7th best beach in the world. Surrounded by rugged wilderness, and comforting luxury, Radhanagar Beach is the perfect place to experience eternal serenity and coolness.
- Barren Island: As the name suggests, Barren Island is the isolated island situated on the bewitching Andaman and Nicobar Islands. It is frequently stricken with volcano and also the vegetation is scanty here. Nevertheless, it is one of the best places for adventure seekers and travelers.
Best Time to Visit Andaman and Nicobar (Month Bifurcation):
- January in Andaman: January is the month when people are literally enjoying the chilly winds of winter. This is the peak time and perhaps the best time to visit the heavenly beautiful Andaman Islands. So, what can a traveler expect to see in the month of January? The clear crystal waters, ultimate blue luminescence, humidity level, ever-blooming scenic beauty of Andaman tempts you to visit during this time. Generally, the temperature in January varies 24 to 30 Degree Celsius. Hence, it is the best time to visit Andaman and Nicobar.
- February in Andaman: The bewitching Andaman Island is one of the busiest places for the avid explorers. Perhaps February is one of the best months to visit the Andaman Islands. Weather during February is stunning and you can always experience cold weather here. The normal temperature of 21 degrees. Moreover, grab a chance to experience the rain showers as Andaman is situated in tropical areas.
- March in Andaman: Planning to make a memorable trip to the mesmerizing Andaman Islands? Andaman is the favorite place to visit and hop anytime in a flight and visit the bewitching Andaman anytime in between October to July. March is one of the perfect months to visit here. The climate is extremely pleasant and relaxes on the shores of the beach amidst the blue pristine waters. You can go snorkeling, scuba diving, and lots more water activities.
- April in Andaman: The Andaman Islands are famous for its summers. Indeed. It’s the best time for you to enjoy a pleasant and mild climate. Moreover, April is an ideal time for snorkeling, scuba diving, and other sports activities. Catch the best photography
- May in Andaman: Andaman is great in the month of May. Climate can be hot at that time but you can always try to go and explore the places here. Sun and heat are present during May. Nevertheless, it is a smarter option to visit the place. Moreover, there is humidity in the air during summers but there is a sea breeze.
- June in Andaman: June month is surely one of the most exciting months to experience in Andaman. Generally, each year monsoons in Andaman are good and a traveler can enjoy bountiful showers during monsoon. The pristine coastline, rain-drenched scenic Island views, and abundant greenery surely captivate a traveler. June is also best time to visit Andaman and Nicobar.
- July in Andaman: Since Andaman is one of the year-round destinations, it is extremely sure that July is going to be the month with lots of excitement and enthrall. If you wish to explore the island in monsoons then it is absolutely fine to explore Andaman in July. However, there is rain all the way and it is enjoyable all time.
- August in Andaman: Amidst the monsoon time, Andaman is enthralling during monsoon time. If you are a true monsoon lover, then you can experience pristine rains, green lush backdrop, and Island scenic beauty.
- September in Andaman: September is indeed the best time to visit Andaman. It is the time when the rains recede and winters are on the way. Moreover, you get a chance to enjoy places like Jolly Boy and Red Skin Islands as the winters are about to approach. Also, September is not so crowded during this time.
- October in Andaman: October marks the starting period of the tourist season. The heavy monsoon gets over by the month of September. This is the time when a traveler can experience green lush decked up the surroundings of the Island. Moreover, the Island looks elegant and stunning and wanderlust is ready to welcome the festival season.
- November in Andaman: Wish to experience strong winds and random rain showers? November is apparently the best time to visit Andaman Island. If you are a scuba enthusiast, then you can visit here in November. All the water sports activities can be done with leisure.
- December in Andaman: December is chilly and pleasant in Andaman. It is probably the best time to experience world-class diving during this month. Moreover, it is surely the ideal month to explore the island with sunny rays and clouds amidst the mountains.
Andaman and Nicobar islands are indeed beautiful especially for the couples and newly married ones. It’s now the time to pack your bags and get going.